Green Tea is the reason I started drinking tea. There was a time, many years ago, I was going through an ongoing stressful situation. Someone suggested that I try Green Tea. Desperate for any possible relief, I jumped at the chance.
After a couple sips, I felt the pressure roll off my shoulders. I was hooked. The calming and clarity properties of green tea are experienced by most of my customers. I still tend to gravitate towards black tea because, of the fuller flavor. Yet, feel my best when I drink green tea with my favorites being Fresh Citrus and Jasmine.
Green Tea Benefits Are Lucky for You to Drink! We can’t rely on the luck of the Irish to keep us healthy, so thank goodness we have the amazing green tea benefits to do just that. Green tea has many more benefits to it than say, black tea because it doesn’t go through the fermentation process so it retains its antioxidants. Below are just 7 Lucky Green Tea Benefits that could help you in many areas of your life and health.
7 Lucky Green Tea Benefits
- Brainpower: Green tea can actually make you a little smarter. It contains less caffeine than coffee, but still has a stimulant that improves brain function. Along with the dose of caffeine per serving, you get the amino acid L-theanine that works with the caffeine to help you wake up and avoid the jitters from too much caffeine from coffee.
- Metabolism booster: Because green teas have so many healthy antioxidants, they have been shown to help raise the metabolic rate in our bodies. So, if we are indulging in some fun St. Patrick’s Day festivities, keep in mind to drink your green tea before and after in order to help keep your metabolism moving and possibly avoid abdominal weight gain.
- Mild Depression: Whether you are just a little sad that St. Patrick’s Day is only once a year or you really do suffer from mild depression on occasion, the amino acid L-theanine found in green tea leaves has been shown to reduce signs of depression. It’s can produce a calming effect and is an excellent warm or cold.
- Skincare helper: Green tea can also assist with preventing serious wrinkles and help prevent the signs of aging because of its anti-inflammatory agents. So, drink your tea, and start a routine of fighting the signs of getting older now.
- Heart protector: This is a great benefit! Since green tea helps the blood vessels stay nice and relaxed (like when you are sitting in your favorite Irish pub!), they can handle the ups and downs of your blood pressure. And with the formation of clots being the main reason for a heart attack, green tea can help prevent the formation of these clots while the blood vessels remain in a relaxed state.
- Improve dental health: The catechins, or water-soluble properties, in green tea can inhibit the growth of some bacteria and viruses in the mouth. The best benefit of drinking green tea is that it can lower the risk of mouth infections and therefore reduce some common causes of bad breath.
- Reduce cancer risks: We know that cancer is caused by an uncontrollable growth of unhealthy cells, so if by drinking green tea with all their amazing healthy antioxidants, it can reduce your risk of cancer, then go green!
Keep in mind that these 7 Lucky Green Tea Benefits are not meant to give medical advice to see our disclosure, so check with your doctor if you experience any serious symptoms of the above issues before relying on green tea as your “medicine.”