Cooking With Tea
Tea is a rejuvenating beverage. Our teas have so much flavor, cooking with tea is possible too!
Hot Sassy Cinnamon Scones
- 4 teaspoons of Hot Sassy Cinnamon Tea
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 5 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of milk
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Finely grind Hot Sassy Cinnamon Tea with a coffee grinder.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, Hot Sassy Cinnamon Tea, and salt. Cut in butter. Mix 1 egg and 1 cup of milk in a small bowl, and stir into flour mixture until moistened.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface, and knead briefly. Roll dough out into a 1/2 inch thick round. Cut into 16 wedges, and place on the prepared baking sheet.
- Mix 1 egg and 1 teaspoon of milk, brush tops of scones. Mix 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 2 teaspoons of sugar then sprinkle on top.
- Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.
These scones pair great with Cherry Almond Swirl tea!
One thought on “Simple Scones – Hot Sassy Cinnamon | Cooking With Tea”
Pingback: Hot Sassy Cinnamon Tea Scones and Felt Tea Cups!
Comments are closed.